4 Tbsp. salted butter
4 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup green onion
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper. Sliced
1 cup mushroom
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. lemon pepper
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
pinch of kosher salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
½ cup plus 3 Tbsp. seasoned flour
6 to 8 thin-cut antelope chops
2 tsp. seasoned meat tenderizer
1 ½ cups chicken stock
2 Tbsp. cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter plus 2 tablespoons oil in each of 2 skillets over medium heat.
- Put the green onion and pepper slices in one skillet and cook until browned and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the seasoned salt, lemon pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and 1/2 cup of the flour in a pie plate. Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture.
- Fry the chops in batches in the other skillet until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the chops from the skillet and set aside.
- To this skillet, add 3 tablespoons flour. Stir and cook until the roux gets some color on it, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the stock a bit at a time, working out all the lumps, then add the cream. Add the onions and peppers, coating them in the sauce.
- Serve with plenty of sauce and the caramelized onions/peppers.